Friday, January 6, 2017

Preserving the Spirit of Christmas on January 6

 Today, whether you think of it as Epiphany, Three Kings Day or Twelfth Night, marks the end of the Christmas season and thus, the end of my Preserving the Spirit of Christmas series. I have had a lot of fun trying to create my posts and I hope you have enjoyed following along.
 Back at the beginning when a list was being made of different things to focus on each day "snowflakes" was written down in the expectation that we would surely have some of them. Last night finally came the prediction of snow - and this morning came the reality of the very light dusting. Not even enough to make a good photograph. Oh well.
 The ornaments on the front porch Christmas tree got changed out in the hope that it can remain out there for a few more weeks yet with a new title of winter tree.
 Downstairs I had to resort to setting up a winter vignette.
 The time for over-indulging in holiday candy is nigh but
 the hot drinks season will continue for a few weeks yet.
It's time to pack away the decorations and tidy up ready to move on to a new topic. What will that be? Maybe we will finally get some snowflakes! Watch this space.

1 comment:

  1. We got our snowflakes yesterday - and it was snowing again this morning. Your cup of hot beverage looks mighty good right now!

    ReplyDelete

While I write this blog for my own fun, I would also love to know what you think about what I post.