Sunday, December 25, 2016

Preserving the Spirit of Christmas on December 24

 No need for the preserving jar tonight - I'll let my tree skirt say it. A line from one of my personal favorite Christmas Carols. And it really is a starry night tonight in the skies above our home.
 Some weeks ago I saw that a nearby barn and other outbuildings were being dismantled. I thought it would be great to be able to get an old barn door to use as a background for some photos. Of course I needed to do this correctly by asking the owner. But it seems she didn't really understand what I wanted. On the day she said we could come get the door the one she had in mind for us was so big and heavy I had to turn it down Looking quickly round I thought this door might be better; it did fit in the car but alas it is too heavy for me to move by myself. But for tonight I want you to imagine the star hanging over the stable, that little stable all forlorn.
 Fun with a few stars.
 More cookie making happened today.
Stars light the way.

And heav'n and nature sing....

Let the stars guide us towards the true meaning of Christmas so we may preserve it in our hearts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

While I write this blog for my own fun, I would also love to know what you think about what I post.